We welcome you to support us through membership.
Membership in the Wayland Historical Society is open to all individuals and organizations. Because the Wayland Historical Society is a 501(c)(3) US tax-exempt nonprofit organization, your membership fee is tax deductible.
Your Membership Supports the Following:
- NEWSLETTER – Regular Newsletters are mailed to members, to tell them about upcoming programs and events of historical interest, and of current work and research projects.
- PROGRAMS – These include lectures, concerts and tours of Wayland Center and Cochituate and of the town’s fascinating historic houses. Non-members are also welcome to attend most of these programs.
- EDUCATION – The WHS is involved in educational programs, which actively support young historians by providing study units, projects and tours. They can enjoy the process of discovery by becoming engaged in living history experiences.
- GROUT-HEARD HOUSE TOURS – Docents are glad to provide tours and interpretations of their contents, which include displays of furniture, costumes, toys, dolls, quilts, photographs and pictures, as well as artifacts, tools and special exhibits.
- OPEN HOUSE – It has become a tradition that the Grout-Heard House holds a Holiday Open House every December. The rooms are colorfully decorated by Wayland’s garden club, and there is music, entertainment and refreshments for all.
The Wayland Historical Society is delighted by your interest. We wouldn’t be able to offer such a wide array of interesting programs without the volunteer help of our members. Please feel free to write to us with questions or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org We can be reached in person at the Grout-Heard House Museum at 12 Cochituate Road in Wayland, MA 01778. We are generally open on Tuesday and Fridays from 9:30 to Noon. Our phone number is (508) 358-7959.
- Conduct research on Wayland topics and people
- Assist with planning and conducting programs/events
- Assist with website editing and administration
- Assist with community outreach
- Assist with programs for local schools
- Assist with the Museum’s building and grounds maintenance